Here’s an early taste of Marshmallow for ZTE Open C / Kis 3 (Beeline Smart2, Moche/MEO Smart A16, ZTE V811W, ZTE V811, Skinny V811, Optus Hop Smart, ZTE Blade M, etc). It is unofficial and unsupported by the CyanogenMod/LineageOS team. It’s for advanced users only.
Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this page instead.
The Open Gapps Project
- RIL (mobile network, SMS & data)
- Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
- Camera (photos, camcorder & panorama)
- FM radio
- Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
- Hardware video decoding & encoding
- SD card
- USB-storage (on external sdcard) & adb
- CyanogenMod/LineageOS team & everyone who’s been working on CM13
How to install:
- boot into ClockWorkMod recovery
- backup and restore -> backup (create a nandroid backup of your current ROM)
- mounts and storage -> format /system
- wipe data and factory reset
- install lineage-13.0-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
- install open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-xxxxxxxx.zip
- reboot now
- if/when recovery asks to fix root - choose no
Q: I can’t find developer options and performance settings, why?
A: Settings -> About phone -> Click ‘Build number’ several times
Q: I don’t have reboot options in power menu, why?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Advanced reboot
Q: I have no root, why? What is that hashtag on my status bar?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Root access. Root management is now integrated as part of CM’s Privacy Guard and you can manage per app permissions under Settings -> Privacy -> Privacy Guard. You’ll have a persistent notification in the status bar when you’re running an app that uses root permissions.
Q: When I’m connected with an USB cable to my computer, I can’t see my internal sdcard as a storage, why?
A: I’ve made an executive decision not to include a mount point for internal sdcard. This is because recent Android versions don’t allow setting emulated sdcard as secondary storage. Setting rather small emulated sdcard as a primary storage caused issues with games/apps that want to download large amounts of data to the sdcard. Also partition layout is different on Open C and Kis 3 and internal sdcard is handled differently between device variants.
Q: ‘OK Google’ voice command doesn’t work, why? There’s no Google Now page on the homescreen, why?
A: These are features of proprietary Google Now Launcher. ‘OK Google’ voice command is also disabled on low memory devices (you can enable it by removing/commenting/changing to false ‘ro.config.low_ram=true’ in /system/build.prop).
Q: There’s only a home button on an Open C. How is this going to work?
A: There’s ‘hidden’ back and menu keys on left and right side of the home button. There’s also an option to use software navigation bar instead of the capacitive keys.
Q: There’s an option to enable auto-brightness but it doesn’t work, why? Proximity sensor doesn’t work either…
A: Open C doesn’t have ambient light/proximity sensor. Some Kis 3 variants on the other hand do, so that’s why I’ve kept the support.
Q: How do I enable dual-SIM features on my V811W?
A: Install patch from this post.
Q: There’s a notification about configuring sdcard on the first boot. Which option should I choose?
A: Selecting to use sdcard as ‘internal storage’ will format sdcard to EXT4 filesystem and encrypt it. This means you can’t use your sdcard outside this ROM (CWM/TWRP recovery on this device, any other phone, tablet, computer with sdcard reader, etc)! Selecting to use sdcard as ‘portable storage’ (or ignoring the notification) and your sdcard continues to work like with previous Android versions.
Merged commits not mentioned in the changelog.
5.2. 2017 changelog:
- rebrand to LineageOS
- patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)
- Android security patch level: 1 January 2017 (merged)
- patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2016-2059, CVE-2016-0819, CVE-2016-2068, CVE-2016-3768, CVE-2016-3813, CVE-2016-7117, CVE-2016-6828, CVE-2016-6683, CVE-2015-8839, CVE-2016-3809, CVE-2016-4486, CVE-2016-7042, and more)
- add lockscreen blur feature
- CM’s new dexopt screen (merged)
- Android security patch level: 5 October 2016 (merged)
- patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2016-3951, CVE-2016-3138, CVE-2016-3156, CVE-2016-3134, CVE-2016-2847, CVE-2016-2549, CVE-2016-2547, CVE-2016-2546, CVE-2016-2545, CVE-2016-2384, CVE-2016-4482, CVE-2016-4805, CVE-2016-2465, CVE-2016-2468, CVE-2016-2066, CVE-2016-4470, CVE-2015-4177, CVE-2016-3135, CVE-2016-2504, CVE-2016-5340, and more)
- add kernel patch for DriveDroid
- CM’s new off mode charging screen (1,2)
- Android security patch level: 5 August 2016 (merged)
- Lockscreen : Bunch-o-fixes (merged)
- Android security patch level: 1 May 2016 (merged)
- disable adoptable storage feature for now
- patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2015-1805, CVE-2016-0821, CVE-2015-8785, CVE-2015-7509, CVE-2016-0774)
- Android security patch level: 2 April 2016 (merged)
- change rotation sensor timestamp
- add proximity wake gesture on supported devices
- download A-GPS data automatically
- patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2015-7550, CVE-2016-0723)
- Android security patch level: 1 March 2016 (merged)
- SELinux enforcing
- switch to Snap camera app
- Android security patch level: 1 February 2016 (merged)
8.1. 2016 changelog:
- patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2015-8543, CVE-2015-8575)
- Android security patch level: 1 January 2016 (merged)
- first batch of translations (merged)
- patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2015-5697, CVE-2015-7872, CVE-2015-8539, CVE-2015-8215)
- Android security patch level: 1 December 2015 (merged)
- Android 6.0.1 (merged)
- sync with upstream
- initial relase