Here’s my build of LineageOS 14.1 for Raspberry Pi 3. It is unofficial and unsupported by the LineageOS team. It’s for advanced users only.
Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this page instead.
- peyo-hd and everyone who’s contributed to android-rpi
- LineageOS team & everyone who’s been working on CM14.1
How to install:
- Follow the official Raspberry Pi instructions for writing the image to the SD card (Linux, Mac, Windows).
Q: I can’t find developer options and performance settings, why?
A: Settings -> About phone -> Click ‘Build number’ several times
Q: I don’t have reboot options in power menu, why?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Advanced restart
Q: I have no root, why? What is that hashtag on my status bar?
A: You need enable root access under Settings -> Developer options -> Root access. Root management is now integrated as part of LineageOS’ Privacy Guard and you can manage per app permissions under Settings -> Developer options -> Manage root access. You’ll have a persistent notification in the status bar when you’re running an app that uses root permissions.
Merged commits not mentioned in the changelog.
18.1. 2018 changelog:
- add support for I2C devices
- enable Android low-RAM configuration
- add lights HAL to control display brightness from Android on offical RPI display (version 1.1)
- update to Linux 4.4.112 kernel and patch known vulnerabilities (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)
- Android security patch level: 5 January 2018 (merged)
- fix wifi reconnect on boot (thanks to Google)
- update to Linux 4.4.97 kernel and patch known vulnerabilities (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)
- patch recently disclosed BlueBorne and KRACK vulnerabilities (merged)
- Android security patch level: 5 October 2017 (merged)
- update to Linux 4.4.80 kernel
- merge AOSP kernel/common android-4.4 branch to have proper Android kernel
- enable sdcardfs
- add BFQ i/o scheduler and enable it by default
- Jelly browser (merged)
- Android security patch level: 5 August 2017 (merged)
- add support for wifi tethering
- add support for Widevine DRM
- improve Play Store compatibility
- Android 7.1.2 (merged)
- Android security patch level: 5 April 2017 (merged)
- initial relase