Here’s an early taste of Lollipop for ZTE Open C / Kis 3 (Beeline Smart2, Moche/MEO Smart A16,
ZTE V811W, ZTE V811, Skinny V811, Optus Hop Smart, ZTE Blade M, etc). It is unofficial and unsupported by the CyanogenMod team. It’s for advanced users only.
Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this page instead.
- RIL (mobile network, SMS & data)
- Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
- Camera (photos, camcorder & panorama)
- FM radio
- Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
- Hardware video decoding & encoding
- SD card
- USB-storage (on external sdcard) & adb
- dual-SIM (V811W) not supported
- CyanogenMod team & everyone who’s been working on CM12.1
How to install:
- boot into ClockWorkMod recovery
- backup and restore -> backup (create a nandroid backup of your current ROM)
- mounts and storage -> format /system
- wipe data and factory reset
- install cm-12.1-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
- install gapps-lp-xxxxxxxx-signed.zip
- reboot now
- if/when recovery asks to fix root - choose no
Q: I can’t find developer options, why?
A: Settings -> About phone -> Click ‘Build number’ several times
Q: I don’t have reboot options in power menu, why?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Advanced reboot
Q: I have no root, why? What is that hashtag on my status bar?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Root access. Root management is now integrated as part of CM’s Privacy Guard and you can manage per app permissions under Settings -> Privacy -> Privacy Guard. You’ll have a persistent notification in the status bar when you’re running an app that uses root permissions.
Q: When I’m connected with an USB cable to my computer, I can’t see my internal sdcard as a storage, why?
A: I’ve made an executive decision not to include a mount point for internal sdcard. This is because recent Android versions don’t allow setting emulated sdcard as secondary storage. Setting rather small emulated sdcard as a primary storage caused issues with games/apps that want to download large amounts of data to the sdcard. Also partition layout is different on Open C and Kis 3 and internal sdcard is handled differently between device variants.
Q: ‘OK Google’ voice command doesn’t work, why? There’s no Google Now page on the homescreen, why?
A: These are features of proprietary Google Now Launcher. ‘OK Google’ voice command is also disabled on low memory devices (you can enable it by removing/commenting/changing to false ‘ro.config.low_ram=true’ in /system/build.prop).
Q: There’s only a home button on an Open C. How is this going to work?
A: There’s ‘hidden’ back and menu keys on left and right side of the home button. There’s also an option to use software navigation bar instead of the capacitive keys.
Q: There’s an option to enable auto-brightness but it doesn’t work, why? Proximity sensor doesn’t work either…
A: Open C doesn’t have ambient light/proximity sensor. Some Kis 3 variants on the other hand do, so that’s why I’ve kept the support.
Merged commits not mentioned in the changelog.
24.4. 2016 changelog:
- add proximity wake gesture on supported devices
- patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2015-5697, CVE-2015-7872, CVE-2015-8539, CVE-2015-8215, CVE-2015-8543, CVE-2015-8575, CVE-2015-7550, CVE-2016-0723, CVE-2015-1805, CVE-2016-0821, CVE-2015-8785, CVE-2015-7509, CVE-2016-0774)
- Android security patch level: 1 April 2016 (merged)
- patch CVE-2015-8019 and CR-930533 in kernel
- Android security patch level: 1 November 2015 (merged)
- C-Apps compatibility (merged)
- add BFQ i/o scheduler and enable it by default
- Android security patch level: 1 October 2015 (merged)
- add keymaster firmware for encryption
- patch CVE-2015-1534 in kernel
- patch one more stagefright vulnerability (merged)
- more gesture settings translations
- add fiops i/o scheduler
- patch CVE-2015-3339 in kernel
- patch recently disclosed stagefright vulnerabilities (merged)
- revert volume levels back to the original
- update few blobs from recent ZTE stock firmware
- update Adreno blobs
- add translations to gesture settings
- patch CVE-2015-5366 in kernel
- enable ambient display
- add ‘hand wave’ and ‘pocket’ gestures to pulse ambient display (only available on devices that have a proximity sensor)
- update sensor HAL
- unhide in-call volume boost option (again)
- minor audio/bluetooth/media updates from CAF upstream
- disable dex2oat watchdog (large apps like Facebook, Play Services, etc can take over allowed 6 mins to dex2oat)
- disable ‘Phone number lookup’ options by default
- fix duplicate sdcard entries when importing/exporting contacts
- disable panic to download mode in kernel (should now reboot instead of freezing)
- patch CVE-2014-2523 and CVE-2014-9529 in kernel
- increase volume (speaker, handset and headphones)
- updates from new ZTE kernel source release (i.e. Goodix GT960F touchscreen support)
- patch CVE-2015-3636 in kernel
- address some SELinux denials
- LCD density option (merged)
- option to change button backlight brightness
- disable unused kernel logger and reclaim some RAM
- patch CVE-2015-2041 in kernel
- Android 5.1.1 (merged)
- unbreak headset detection (headset with mic and call button is again registered correctly)
- patch CVE-2014-9715 and CVE-2015-2922 in kernel
- tweak auto-brightness levels
- initial CM12.1 release
- decrease zRAM size to 192mb
- enable call recording (available in whitelisted countries where its legal status clear)