This is my port of Remix OS 2.0 for Nexbox A95X (Amlogic S905 with Android 5.1) TV box. This ROM is based on Vensmile U1 official Remix OS release build B2016062801.
Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this page instead.
- Hardware video decoding & encoding
- Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
- Remote control
- SD cards
- USB OTG (storage, mouse, keyboard)
- There’s bluetooth options in few places even though this device doesn’t have bluetooth
- SELinux is in permissive mode (same as stock - bootloader passes this on cmdline and there’s nothing I can do about it)
- It’s still an early release - expect minor problems
- Jide for Remix OS
How to install:
- boot into TWRP recovery
- backup -> backup (create a nandroid backup of your current ROM)
- wipe -> advanced wipe -> wipe /system
- wipe -> factory reset
- install RemixOS-2016xxxx-nexbox_a95x.zip
- reboot system
Q: I don’t have root. What should I do?
A: Download SuperSU flashable zip and install it in TWRP
Q: I can’t find developer options, why?
A: Settings -> About phone -> Click ‘Build number’ several times
- Remix OS 2.0.300 B2016062801 (Vensmile U1)
- Remote control improvements
- Pressing CloudTV button alternates between Remix OS desktop and MboxLauncher
- Pressing Kodi button launches Kodi app if installed
- Change display density to something more suitable for TV box
- Remix OS 2.0.200 B2016041201 (Sen5 S905)
- initial release