Here’s my build of LineageOS 13 for Huawei Y5 (Y560-L01/L02/L03/L23/U23). It is unofficial and unsupported by the CyanogenMod/LineageOS team. It’s for advanced users only.
Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this page instead.
The Open Gapps Project
- RIL (mobile network, SMS & data)
- Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
- Camera (photos, camcorder & panorama)
- FM radio
- Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
- Hardware video decoding & encoding
- SD cards
- USB-storage & adb
- SELinux is in permissive mode
- CyanogenMod/LineageOS team & everyone who’s been working on CM13
How to install:
- boot into TWRP recovery
- backup -> backup (create a nandroid backup of your current ROM)
- wipe -> advanced wipe -> wipe /system
- wipe -> factory reset
- install lineage-13.0-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-y560.zip
- (install L02/L03/L23/U23 patch if necessary - see FAQ below)
- install open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-xxxxxxxx.zip
- reboot system
- if/when recovery asks to install SuperSU - choose no
Q: I can’t find developer options, why?
A: Settings -> About phone -> Click ‘Build number’ several times
Q: I don’t have reboot options in power menu, why?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Advanced reboot
Q: I have no root, why? What is that hashtag on my status bar?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Root access. Root management is now integrated as part of CM’s Privacy Guard and you can manage per app permissions under Settings -> Privacy -> Privacy Guard. You’ll have a persistent notification in the status bar when you’re running an app that uses root permissions.
Q: There’s a notification about configuring sdcard on the first boot. Which option should I choose?
A: Selecting to use sdcard as ‘internal storage’ will format sdcard to EXT4 filesystem and encrypt it. This means you can’t use your sdcard outside this ROM (CWM/TWRP recovery on this device, any other phone, tablet, computer with sdcard reader, etc)! Selecting to use sdcard as ‘portable storage’ (or ignoring the notification) and your sdcard continues to work like with previous Android versions.
Q: I have dual-SIM variant (Y560-L02/L03/L23). What do I need to do?
A: Install patch from this post.
Q: I have Huawei Y5 Y560-U23. What do I need to do?
A: Download patch below and install it in TWRP.
Merged commits not mentioned in the changelog.
7.2. 2017 changelog:
- rebrand to LineageOS
- patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)
- Android security patch level: 1 January 2017 (merged)
- add lockscreen blur feature
- CM’s new dexopt screen (merged)
- build kernel & wifi driver from source
- remove kernel modules support (go moduleless)
- kernel performance optimizations (Cortex-A7 tuning & optimized memutils)
- add BFQ i/o scheduler and enable it by default
- add vibrator intensity control
- add kernel patch for DriveDroid
- enable KSM
- patch shtload of known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)
- Android security patch level: 5 November 2016 (merged)
- update GPS HAL to LA.BR.1.2.6_rb1.2
- use GPS proprietary blobs and configs from crackling
- CM’s new off mode charging screen
- Android security patch level: 5 August 2016 (merged)
- Lockscreen : Bunch-o-fixes (merged)
- Android security patch level: 1 May 2016 (merged)
- add missing binary blobs for hi544 qunhui and ov8858 chicony camera hardware
- add proximity wake gesture
- enable proximity check on wake feature
- add ‘Y5 Hardware Info’ app
- fix glitchy notification sounds, etc
- Android security patch level: 2 April 2016 (merged)
- initial release