This is my build of Dees-Troy’s Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) 3.0.2-0 for Huawei Y5 (Y560-L01/L02/L03/L23/U23).
Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this page instead.
recovery-twrp-3.0.2-1-y560.zip (TWRP flashable)
Do not use this recovery to flash official updates from Huawei website! You need to repack them for custom recovery or use the stock recovery to install.
How to install:
- Download and install Huawei USB drivers (windows) or setup udev rules (linux)
- Download Android SDK platform-tools (Windows, Linux, Mac) to get adb and fastboot
- Download recovery-twrpxxxx-y560.img recovery image and rename it to recovery.img
- Create a new directory somewhere and copy adb(.exe), fastboot(.exe) and recovery.img into it
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking on your device (Settings -> Developer options -> Android debugging & Settings -> Developer options -> OEM unlocking)
- Plug in your device via USB cable and install drivers if necessary
- Open terminal window, change into the directory you’ve created and execute following command in terminal window to boot into bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Unlock bootloader (this will wipe your device!)
fastboot oem unlock-go
- Boot recovery image to make a clean backup of your firmware
fastboot boot recovery.img
- Reboot back to bootloader and flash recovery image to recovery partition
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
How to root your Android using TWRP?
- Download SuperSU and copy it to your sdcard
- Follow instructions on how to install/boot TWRP recovery
- Install the SuperSU zip in TWRP
How to restore stock recovery?
- Download TWRP flashable zip below and copy it to your sdcard
- Install the zip in TWRP
- Reboot recovery
- bump to 3.0.2-1 version number because of device specific changes
- fix rare issue where device only reboots back to recovery (misc partition)
- add option to backup recovery partition
- TWRP 3.0.2-0
- initial release